We have always protected your personal information and will continue to do so and be transparent about the information we hold about you. Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of your needs and allows us to provide you with relevant and timely information about the events and services we offer you.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how and why we are using your personal information.
This policy explains:
- Who we are
- What personal information we collect from you
- Whether you need to provide personal information
- How we use your personal information
- How we keep your personal information safe
- How long we keep your personal information
- Your rights to your personal information
- How to update your personal information
- Contact details and further information
1. Who we are
Pauls Studio UK Ltd registered at companies’ house in England and Wales, number 6509416
Pauls-Studio UK Ltd trades as Paul's-Studio and/or www.pauls-studio.co.uk
The registered address is
Paul’s Studio UK Ltd
3 Newhouse Business Centre
Old Crawley Road
2. What personal information we collect on you
Pauls Studio may use the personal information that you provide to keep you informed about our planned studio events courses studio hire and location events run by Pauls Events UK Ltd We will store your personal information securely and use it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations (PECR) 2012.
Information collected from you
We aim to be clear when we collect your personal information and to use it in ways that you would reasonably expect us to do so. We will collect your personal information including for example, your name, address, telephone number and email address when you:
- Book for Studio Event, Course or Tuition and Studio Hire.
- This included any of the following methods
- Via the studio Web Site or App
- Social Media Face Book, Twitter Messenger, Instagram or others
- PurplePort, Mad Cow and Purestorm
- Make changes to how we contact you or update your interests
- Complete a survey giving feedback about your experience of both Pauls Studio or Pauls Events
- Make a booking or an enquiry about our any of our services. Including Pauls Events
In some circumstances we may ask for verification or photographic consent and we will keep this linked to your booking in the case of outreach activities.
Information about your interaction with us
We keep a record of your booking history and payments on our database and marketing system.
When you visit our website or book an event, we collect information about your interaction with us. When we send you a mailing by post or email we store a record of this and for email communication, we keep a record of what emails you have opened, and which links you have clicked.
Information from other organisations
We occasionally use personal information against records held by other organisations which allow us to verify the information we use.
We also use information from online sources including:
- Social media including Facebook and Instagram; for targeted advertising.
- Google Analytics; to understand how you use our website.
- When you subscribe to the Studio News or Skills & Training News we use Mail Chimp to send you email communications.
The Pauls Studio recognises that certain categories of personal information are sensitive. For example, health information, gender, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect this information unless there is a clear reason for doing so. Customers must confirm that they are 18 years or over to make a booking or join our mailing list.
3. Whether you need to provide personal information
You are not legally obliged to provide Pauls Studio with your personal information. However, if we do not have this information it may affect our ability to provide the service or contract requested. For example, if we do not have your contact details, we may not be able to inform you if an event is cancelled.
4. How we use your personal information
Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract that we are about to enter or have entered into with you.
- Where we have your consent before using your personal information in that specific situation. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information, but where consent has been given, you have the right to withdraw it at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy.
- Where we have a legitimate interest to do so and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not conflict or override the interests of Pauls Studio.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
For the performance of a booking contract
When you make a booking with Pauls Studio or Pauls Events you are entering into a contract. To fulfil this contract, we will collect, process and securely store your personal information to complete your booking. We will use this to keep you informed about essential information related to your transaction. This might include notification of a change to the programmed events or issues processing payment. We will also provide a booking confirmation by email where an email address has been provided.
Sensitive Personal Information.
If you participate in location events or workshops, we ask for additional personal sensitive information including for example, medical information and emergency contact details. We do this to ensure that our staff are aware of any specific needs of participants and so that we can quickly contact relevant people in the case of an emergency. The sensitive and personal information only be accessed when necessary by the relevant approved officers and will be deleted 7 days after the relevant event.
There will be circumstances when we will ask for your consent before using your personal information. We will obtain your consent before:
- Sending marketing communications by email relating to studio & location events, courses & tuition plus late offers.
- Surveys and questionnaire’s for improving our services or essential, booking information including supplier and model’s payment details.
In circumstances where we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
In certain situations, we collect and process information for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interest. We will always consider the impact on our customers and will use your personal information only in ways that you might reasonably expect us to do so.
We will use legitimate interest as our legal basis to process your personal information in the following situations:
To analyse survey responses which help us to improve the services and experience of Pauls Studio
To segment our database so that you receive the information that is most appropriate to you, and for the purposes of internal reporting and analysis. We will use your bookings history as well as any interests you have specified to help do this.
We may be required to disclose personal information to comply with the law or to enforce our legal right and account practice.
5. How we keep your personal information safe
Our procedures and the technology we use have appropriate safeguards in place to keep information as secure as possible.
Information you send us via email will be stored on the relevant email server and our secure hard dives and backed up on Microsoft onedrive.
Personal information is stored in our booking database and certain information, for example some sensitive information is additionally controlled and is only accessible to members of staff who have reason to work with it. All staff are required to adhere to current data protection legislations in line with our data protection policy and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
If you use your credit or debit card to make a booking, we will ensure that this is carried out securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
Card Payment is carried out by World Pay using the approved and certified application on our web site and payment will be notified and confirmed to you by Worldpay and Pauls Studio this includes your name address and contact telephone or mobile number No card details or numbers are supplied or held by Pauls Studio.
Payment by BACs or Bank Transfer or PayPal nor personal information is transferred or stored other than name, payment date and amount.
Network devices are managed within a secure management network and servers are secured by firewalls. In both instances SSL/TLS secure encryption protocols are used.
Remaining data is stored and accessed from our Microsoft Office 365 tenancy, using a selection of OneDrive, Office 365. This data is secured and replicated across the highly resilient Microsoft Data Centre Network in the UK region, ensuring that the highest standards of data security are in place. Also used is and Apple FileMaker Pro Servers applications.
We will not transfer, process or store your personal information anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area, unless we have a contractual agreement in place that is of an equivalent standard to GDPR.
We will not supply your personal information to or allow use by third parties.
We use Mail Chimp & Survey Monkey to help with our marketing activities and agreed communication with you. When we do this, we will only give authority for the personal information to be used for the purpose it has been provided for. We will ensure that any third parties have safeguards in place to keep your personal information secure.
How long we keep your personal information
We store personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of legal, accounting, reporting or booking requirements. We store your personal information so that any subsequent purchases or bookings can be linked back to the record that we hold for you on our system.
We retain personal information based on the nature, sensitivity and purpose the personal information was collected for. Any objections you make to how we use your personal information will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
We will review our data retention processes regularly.
7. Your rights to your personal information
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of personal information held about you
- Request that inaccuracies be corrected
- Request us to stop using your personal information
- Withdraw consent
- Cancel your subscription to Studio News or Skills & Training News email. *
- Revise your preferences for your subscription to the Studio News or Skills & Training News. *
There is no fee for you to exercise any of these rights.
(* You can cancel or revise your email subscription at any time by clicking the relevant link in the footer of any email you receive from us.)
If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we may need to request certain information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not shared with anyone without the right to receive it.
We aim to carry out all requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex. In this case, we will notify you.
9. Updating your personal information
To change any of the information we hold about you or to make changes to the way we contact you, please log in to your account on http://www.pauls-studio.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us using the contact details below.
You can cancel or revise your email subscription at any time by clicking the relevant link in the footer of any newsletter email you receive from us.)
10. Contact details and further information
Please email for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
Or by post Writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Pauls Studio UK Ltd
18 The Knoll